Saturday, November 15, 2008

oh the joys....

Well, it is a Saturday night and I am just living the life. I am babysitting...watching the food network and playing on a laptop.  Oh...so relaxing, this is what weekends are all about.

Top Ten list as of late...
1.)  We had the missionaries from my parents ward over the other day. One of them told me I would be a good talk show host....now I am not sure whether that is a compliment or not!?! I mean...are we talking Oprah style or Jerry Springer style?  
2.) I think cranberry meatballs sound disgusting...no thank you food network. no thank you.
3.) Last week my co worker, Amber, and I matched 4 out of 5 days in our clothing style. The one day we didn't match definitely showed me I needed to broaden my clothing style. She had on a harley davidson shirt...I mean, I couldn't have pulled that outta any closest in my house.  I know, surprising that Mama J and Pops aren't running around in Harley clothes. PS...don't ask why we were matching. No one knows...we don't even know why.
4.) You can be having a good day at work...everything is going your way...UNTIL you start to get off on the wrong floor when the elevator door opens and man...it is hard to recover from the embarrassment of that.  People never know quite what to say to that...everyone just looks down...the person tries to recover with the slight laugh and the "Ha...is it Friday yet?" Poor souls that this happens to....not me of course. Never me. 
5.)  Jack-Kay pointed out something funny the other day...the fact that my sister, Melissa, still believes me even though usually I am being sarcastic or trying to get a rise out of her. For example, the other night I told her that my parents were getting a fake christmas tree this year...she had a moment of freaking out while at a restaurant in front of her homies. It was hilarious. Then I tried it on my other sister, Catherine, and it worked as well.  I know, it is cruel but oh so funny.  
6.) Have you ever heard of Restless leg syndrome? Well...when I first heard of this I thought it was make believe...I thought...who has that? I mean really...come on. Then I met somebody that did and kinda wanted to get their autograph because I was so excited that it was real.  Well...I heard of something that could top that.... Foreign accent syndrome.  It's when you suddenly wake up and speak with a foreign accent...hence the name.  I am thinking if I had to get a syndrome, that'd be my choice. And if I ever meet someone with this syndrome...I am totally getting the autograph this time.
6b.) One time I had a cold so I went to the doctor. My friend asked me about it and I told her that my doctor told me I had "restless nose syndrome." She believed me....again...cruel...and funny. I am a horrible person.
7.) I was at an enrichment dinner the other night and for some reason we started talking about what we would do if we lost our eyebrows....who talks about things like that? It was a good convo. (Whoopi doesn't have eyebrows...watch Sister Act 1 or 2). Anyway, we decided for me...I'd just tattoo my name as eyebrows...so if you ever see "Theresa Starr" across my eyebrow area...you will know what happened.  Glad I don't have to worry about that future decision anymore.
8.) I listen to music at work and sometimes I really wanna bust a move so I do...but mostly I jam out with my toes. I guess you could say I have toe jam...sounds nasty, but alls I am saying is...I probably could lose one pound this next year with all the dancing my toes do to the music at work....and at least this way people won't see me jamming out.
9.)  This post is FOREVER long. My bad.
10.)  I saw my friend Jota, Jota today...that pretty much rocked my knee highs off...yah...I had knee highs on. don't ask.
11.) My sister, Catherine, has a foster kid....a little tyke. He is a stud to the max. and last night I taught him how to do bones...or rocks...or whatever Megan calls it (sorry, I forget). Anyway, I feel like that is definitely a life long skill to have...I am glad I could impact society for the long haul.
12.) You know how I have a lazy eye? and you know how people say "in my minds eye"...well, sometimes I think I have a "Lazy minds eye." It's definitely a possibility.  Just saying is all.
13.) Well....on a more serious note. I went to Willie's baptism today.  It was awesome. He got up and said a few words and he was talking about Jesus and he said regarding that, "Boy, he delivers." I loved that small statement. It just rung true to me. Christ does deliver. He is here for us. He does give his everything for us. He is our Savior and Redeemer. I am just so grateful for that knowledge. It makes my day happy everyday. It gives me goodness for my life. Christ has truly delivered me lately. How has he delivered you? How has he given you ten things to be happy about? 

Well, I hope you have a good one. 
-Teresa...no....THERESA....gotta love the H.

No comments: