Sunday, January 4, 2009

A job...a job....

Well...I figured I better blog seeing how I was playing with my niece's strawberry shortcake laptop she got for Christmas...that's when you know you have to find something more productive to do...

So I have had this temporary job since June of 2008....but now I am a PERMANENT freaking employee for the same place so basically I am stoked. It's a good time. So I am going to make a quick top ten list of my favorite things from work.... (don't expect a funny post...just an honest one).

1.) the fact that my co-worker, Amber, (who by the way was a temp as well but also is permanent now) is one of my favorite people. She is hilarious. And doesn't get to upset when I stamp her forehead, staple her hair, dump mail on her, etc. etc. etc. My favorite is that once a month this call comes in from Hawaii saying we have won tickets for a cruise and I always transfer it to Amber and then I laugh like it's the funniest thing ever and well...it's not that funny. That's all.
2.) My supervisor is by far one the coolest ladies around. She just keeps it real and always says really funny things.
3.) I get crazy calls all day about people needing to know about their "baby's mama."
4.) I get to listen to things on the headphones all day so it keeps me darn well entertained, in the world loop, and on top of my lessons at church. Best of everything....right in the ear.
5.) I have two computer screens...one for each eye...the good eye and the lazy eye are not competing to see...they each have their own screen.
6.) This lady gave me the nickname of "TT" and it makes us all laugh.
7.) I look at a lot of NAMES on the computer every day and dang...people have some weird names. I LOVE IT! If you need baby names...just come to me...I have seen them all.
8.) I am earning the big bucks so I can support my fish. Talk about real incentive.
9.) My other co workers are awesome. One is about to have a baby which keeps me dang well entertained. One is given an hour everyday when she HAS to be nice to people (she keeps silent the whole time). One tells us stories about her "drinkin' days." Most of them give me crud for being Mormon...love it. Basically they all just keep me on my toes.
10.) People always bring food in....my blood pressure is on the rise...the higher the better, right? (Kinda like test scores).

I just am stoked about my working environment....may it continue to rock on.

Adios...me.

1 comment:

Seth and Eryn said...

Congrats on being a perma-employee. That is excellent news. Actually, it is stellar news. It beats charging people $.50 for hugs! I shall be seeing thee soonish! :]