Sunday, April 18, 2010

Phrase Ten

I am a repeat offender. What I mean to say is that the same jingles get stuck in my head. The same movie quotes reside there as well. And I constantly give the same answers in response to questions, comments, concerns. I'm not sure if that makes me not very surprising/unique or if makes me like most other people...but I'm okay with it either way.

Ten Phrases I use or think... a little to much.

1.) "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." This is from the movie Princess Bride, apparently I watched this to much as a child. But also, when I would talk to my dad on the phone as a child we would quote this to each other sometimes.

2.) "I'll tell you when you're older." This is a response I use to get out of answering many a question. People hate it, but it never fails that they forget whatever they asked and therefore I never have to answer.

3.) "Now, you are family. Okay. All my life, I had a lump at the back of my neck, right here. Always, a lump. Then I started menopause and the lump got bigger from the "hormonees." It started to grow. So I go to the doctor, and he did the bio... the b... the... the bios... the... b... the "bobopsy." Inside the lump he found teeth and a spinal cord. Yes. Inside the lump was my twin." This is from My Big Fat Greek Wedding. The great Aunt Voula says this legit line. I don't usually quote the whole thing...just parts, mostly... "It was my twin." (On a side note...many quotes from this movie are repeated by me...this just represents that.)

4.) "Pizza in the morning, Pizza in the evening, Pizza at suppertime. When pizza's on a bagel, you can eat pizza anytime." I don't know why this jingle is in head so much... I don't really love pizza or bagels.

5.) "Livin' the Dream." This is my auto response if people ask me how I am doing. It's usually pretty right on. Life is pretty stellar. (and it beats the average 'fine'....no offense if you use fine)

6.) "Theresa Starr as in There's a Starr." This is how I explain my name sometimes. Why? Who knows...it just is more fun.

7.) "A.C. said 10 percent. Too bad A.C. ain't in charge no more." This is from Home Alone. Sometimes when I use this around mormon people they think I am talking to them about tithing...that gets awkward.

8.) "I dunno, I just live here" or "I dunno, I just work here" or "I dunno, I just (whatever I'm doing or where ever I'm at is inserted) here." This is used in a variety of ways...when people look at me at work and can't believe something is happening, I just shrug my shoulders and say..." I dunno, I just work here." Or when I am confused as to what is up or what I am supposed to be doing or perhaps I have been day dreaming...."I dunno, I just live here." It's not helpful. But it's me.

9.) "Billy Jean is not my lover...." This is a Michael Jackson song...I wouldn't say it's in my head to terribly much, but it's in my head right now. And let me tell you one thing...I am glad Billy Jean is not my lover.

10.) "Ya Booze, Ya lose." "Ya Smoke, ya choke" "Hugs, not drugs." "Don't get mad, get glad." etc etc etc. Apparently rhyming really is an amazing thing to me. Who knew.

11.) "Peace out Homie."

-T.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

where's a line from steel magnolias?

AggieMay said...

PS: Love the title. So witty. Classic. Love ya.

Alison Greer said...

ya know what? is okay; i make lamb. we all do it; you just get to blog about it. this is why i love you.

Seth and Eryn said...

Ya Booze Ya Lose is the greatest phrase in the world. When I said that to Lex once, he then said "Damn, I lost 3 times last week." hahaha :)

katles said...

and "I think I misunderstood the assignment...". :-)